Music-Snob

An offshoot of (mim-uh-zeen) and other loss leaders, with an emphasis on my music collection and other things music related.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I'm a pretty varied individual...

Friday, October 20, 2006

Altered States

John Corigliano's first film score for the wild Ken Russell adaptation of Paddy Cheyefsky's novel.

Thought I should put this up as well, as a companion to REVOLUTION - AS is more 'out there', but listening to it some 25+ years later, it doesn't seem as outlandish as when it debuted. It's a landmark score, and people should be more aware of it.

If you're also thinking that it sounds a bit like some of Elliot Goldenthal's work - Goldenthal did study under Corigilano, so that explains that.




Check it out

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting underrated score and really creepy. Some parts make me shiver! Thanks!

Fred

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home