Music-Snob

An offshoot of (mim-uh-zeen) and other loss leaders, with an emphasis on my music collection and other things music related.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I'm a pretty varied individual...

Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Songs of Dom Leone (ERQ)

This is a compilation of Ed's Redeeming Qualities songs... Dom Leone was the principal songwriter of many of the groups songs, so this includes mainly songs that he wrote or co-wrote - many of them being treasured ERQ classics.

Some are ERQ performances; some appear to be Dom accompanied by guitar. Dom is the vocalist, except for three songs sung by Carrie Bradley and one sung by Jonah Winter.

THE SONGS OF DOM LEONE

1. Coriander Eyes
2. Drivin' On 9
3. My Apartment
4. More Bad Times
5. Intentions (Carrie singing)
6. Guess Who This Is
7. My Friend Bob
8. Scofflaw of Gravity
9. Song Nancy Hates
10. Lighthouse
11. Mom (Jonah singing)
12. Buck Tempo
13. Bad Memories
14. Sweater
15. Swiss Chard
16. Cheese Grater (Carrie singing)
17. Sit Them Old Ladies Down
18. Spider
19. Song For Elise
20. The Letter
21. Spoken Word (Carrie singing)
22. Christmas in Vermont
23. Mrs. Price
24. Week Old The Chili
25. Poems

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Wow. Just stumbled in looking for this, and I must say thank you! Honestly one of my favorite songwriters ever, sad that he died so young.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Junior! said...

Thank You!
This is the reason Al Gore invented the internet!
I'm a huge ERQ fan, and this is now the crown of my collection.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this..I still have most of the ERQ cassettes,but to run across this is a treasure trove of delights most unexpected..I saw Ed's countless times in Boston/Cambridge back in the day,so this is wow wow wow to the nth wow and then some..such genius

Steven

7:07 PM  
Anonymous lish said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH. i never expected to get more ERQ. this is wonderful & i love you for it.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to see this. I went to see ERQ a bunch of times in Boston in 88 / 89 and still have the t-shirt and tapes, they were a great live act - catchy tunes, simplicity, humor and a certain sweetness. It's wonderful that Dom's music is still stuck in our heads.

2:45 PM  
Blogger L said...

I heard an ERQ tune on the radio, fell in love with it, and was giving up hope of finding anything on the Web. Then this! My goodness - you really made my day. Thanks SO much. I see they recently had a reunion in Cambridge (Jan 2011). Too bad I missed it.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you. i never saw them live but i somehow feel connected. found them thru the movie ed's next move.
is the brother now a sister?

2:43 PM  
Blogger L. Rob Hubb said...

Yes; but Dan/Dani was Dom's cousin, not brother.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home