Music-Snob

An offshoot of (mim-uh-zeen) and other loss leaders, with an emphasis on my music collection and other things music related.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I'm a pretty varied individual...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T


Music: Frederick Hollander
Lyrics: Dr. Seuss (Theodore Geisel)

01) Opening Credits/Butterfly Ballet - Orchestra
02) Ten Happy Fingers - Mary Healy & Tommy Rettig*
03) Piano Concerto (Ten Happy Fingers Variation) - Orchestra
04) Dream Stuff - Peter Lind Hayes & Tommy Rettig*
05) Hypnotic Duel - Hans Conried
06) Get Together Weather - Hans Conried, Mary Healy, Peter Lind Hayes
07) Because We're Kids - Tommy Rettig*
08) Dungeon Ballet - Orchestra
09) We Are Victorious - Chorus/Dr. T's Soldiers
10) Elevator Song - Elevator Operator
11) Dressing Song - Do-Me-Do Duds - Hans Conried & Chorus
12) End Credit - Orchestra

(* actually Tony Butala did Tommy's vocals)

Outtakes - Recorded, but not used in film

13) My Favorite Note - Hans Conried
14) Oh! We Are The Guards - Chorus/Dr. T's Soldiers
15) I Will Not Get Involved, Part 1 - Peter Lind Hayes
16) I Will Not Get Involved, Part 2 - Peter Lind Hayes
17) Grindstone - Peter Lind Hayes
18) Money - Peter Lind Hayes
19) Terwilliker - Hans Conried & Mary Healy
20) I Will Not Go To Sleep - Hans Conried
21) Many Questions - Mary Healy
22) One Moment Ago - Chorus
23) One Moment Ago - Orchestra

I hope this one makes a few people happy.
Being an 'archival' recording, some of the sound quality isn't pristine, especially on some of the outtake selections... I did do my best, however.
For more information about the film, and some RA samples of other deleted songs, you might check out this Dr. T. fan site.

He's in the drum.

I'll try to get a couple of Christmas things up, then I'll take a short break until after the new year.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger jonjim1952 said...

Thank you thank you thank you. Look for this thing for years. I always catch the movie when they show it on some cable channel.

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this---i've heard people talk about how neat it is and can't wait to hear it.

Have A Great Holiday and A Wonderful New Year.

Rocket From Mars

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to download this, but for several days now I get this message: "Message: RogePost's downloads are undergoing maintenance and will not be accessible in the next 2 hours. Please come back later."

2 hours has stretched out to several days...>When will this album be accessible? :-(

6:52 PM  
Blogger L. Rob Hubb said...

Doing some checking, I get the same message on ALL of the files on Rogepost -- EXCEPT for 'Horny Holidays'.

Hmmm - I sense another culling coming soon.

I may have to migrate some files - but that won't happen before Christmas.

Hang tough! If this doesn't clear up on its own, I'll just re-up it.

7:12 PM  
Blogger L. Rob Hubb said...

Problem fixed...

Looks like some files will be migrating over the next few days...
if anyone has problems with anything, please be patient... I'm on it, but it'll take some time.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting this! I am a very longtime fan of Dr. T, which I think is one of the main works of American surrealism. Sooo weird, so many bizarre subtexts. I saw it when I was a kid, when it first came out, and my parents sent me off t watch it at a Saturday kiddie matinee at the neighborhood theater. It gave me nightmares. But I don't hold that against it. In spite of the "message," I became a professional musician (violinist, not pianist).

Thanks again!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUPERB! Thanks for sharing this - I recall hearing about a bootleg OST of this a few years ago, never did see hide nor hair of it...A GREAT MOVIE, available on dvd - surreal, strange frightening, funny...all the things that make great kid's shows. Thanks again.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! ! !
I am absolutely thrilled - coveting this for YEARS. Esp. inspired by the wacked orchestra in the dungeon scene. just saw Burton's "Choco Factory" - imagine what Seuss coulda done with today's production values.

so many of these songs are burned into my mind.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Gavin Elster said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. I have always loved this film - in fact it was only when it was released on DVD that I finally bought myself a DVD player just so that I could watch it! I never knew this soundtrack existed either. I suppose it's just as well; I'd have driven myself insane trying to find it.

You have made my life so much better today!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my very favorite memories of growing up in Portland, OR. My mom put in a request to show this at the Roseland revival house and we went to see it. I've been searching for it ever since. Finally caught it again in a rare screening at Symphony Space in New York this past weekend. It remains one of the great films of my life. Thank you!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a thrill. I have always loved Dr. Seuss, and have always enjoyed watching this movie. Dream Stuff & Little Kids Song are my favorites.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I tell you it's 35 years i'm hoping and searching for that OST you will undertstand I THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH !!!
You are the only one to post that music, you are the best !!!
It's the first time I leave a comment for a download, and the link works, BRAVO FROM FRANCE
Chrismx

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home