Music-Snob

An offshoot of (mim-uh-zeen) and other loss leaders, with an emphasis on my music collection and other things music related.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I'm a pretty varied individual...

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Shirley Walker, R.I.P.




This was very shocking news... I had learned about it just a little bit after I put up MEMOIRS OF AN INVISIBLE MAN.

Over the next few days, most of the soundtrack sites (like FSM) will have obits up... but probably the best way to honor her is to listen and admire her work. So, watch the DVD's of BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND, ESCAPE FROM L.A., TURBULENCE, MYSTERY MEN (Stephen Warbeck is credited with the score, but Walker contributed additional music), FINAL DESTINATION 1, 2, & 3, and WILLARD ( Crispin Glover version).

Her last score will be for the remake of BLACK CHRISTMAS, which hits theatres in a few weeks.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I hadn't heard about this. What a shock.

First Basil, now Ms. Walker. Not a good way to end the year. Very sad, indeed.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad day indeed or even these recent times...Elmer Bernstein, Basil Poledouris, Jerry Goldsmith...they maybe gone, but their brilliant music lives on forever! God bless them for their music they leave behind for all to enjoy.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Detective Mitchell said...

We're losing all the good ones. This was even more saddening than hearing that my favorite composer died on my birthday.

RIP, Ms. Walker.

By the way, thanks for Timerider.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Detective Mitchell said...

Sorry to hijack this, but since you don't have a e-mail address listed, I have to post this somewhere:

Some of the tracks on the file for TIMERIDER you gave me don't extract because of some encryption error. Is there any way you can fix it for me?

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home