Music-Snob

An offshoot of (mim-uh-zeen) and other loss leaders, with an emphasis on my music collection and other things music related.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I'm a pretty varied individual...

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Housekeeping - Michael Gibbs



One of my favorite films by Bill Forsythe (which isn't available on DVD - it is worth searching for on VHS), and one of my favorite scores. Gibbs worked with Forsythe again on BEING HUMAN, also worth a listen if you come across it.

The next best thing to watching the film is to read the excellent novel that it's adapted from (by Marilynne Robinson) with the score playing in the background.

Housekeeping

Improved cover scans

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Music-Snob: this truly is a wonderfaul soundrack: I recall seeing the film on its limited release back in Jan '88. I really enjoy chamber music and Gibb's excelled at using a small group to great effect. Thanks a bunch

9:25 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Wow, I cannot thank you enough for posting this. My brother and I first saw this movie twenty years ago, and it affected us profoundly (although we were only 9 and 14, respectively). So grateful to have the soundtrack, and I so wish this film would be released on DVD!

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just this film and loved the score, any chance of a re-up please now that rapidshare is gone? Thanks.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home