Music-Snob

An offshoot of (mim-uh-zeen) and other loss leaders, with an emphasis on my music collection and other things music related.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I'm a pretty varied individual...

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

HILLBILLY FRANKENSTEIN - Rawbone/Satan's Circus

Hillbilly Frankenstein was a band from the Athens, GA area whose heyday was in the early/mid-90's - I discovered their album, HYPNOTICA in a San Francisco record store, wondering what it could be from the cover art. The name 'Jeff Walls' jumped out - known as a member of Guadalcanal Diary (and producer, and now a member of The Woggles)... that alone made it a must buy for me.

HF is sort of the aural equivalent of the mental picture that the pairing of those two words brings to mind - a little bit of this, a little bit of that, mix it up and Dixie-Fry it all up in a Wall o' Sound.

Hypnotica is hard to find now - equally hard to find are the compilations that feature HF.





One of the last releases was a split 7" with The Woggles - Side A featuring "Saved" and "Buzz The Jerk", and Side B, featured here, with HF - "Rawbone" and "Satan's Circus".

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great record. Jeff Walls is a monster!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Their CD is one of my all-time favorite albums. THANK YOU for providing me with two new (to me) tracks of this band after all these years!
-- omarsnake at yahoo dot com

4:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw them in a little club on st simons isl. ga. in the early 90s. my favorite band to see there among 100s. Still looking for the jethro bodine with bolts on his neck t shirt the were selling there.

6:27 PM  
Blogger FatDadOntheTrail said...

Found the split 7” at an auction and picked it with a pile of forgotten small/ local band releases. Raw Bone was among the best in the pile.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home